Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For The Remainder of 2015
I don’t actively keep track of upcoming releases (a recent exception was Vandermeer’s Southern Reach trilogy, which were conveniently all released last year). so I’m going to have to do some googling first. Prompt, as always, from the Broke and the Bookish.
1. Three Moments of an Explosion – China Miéville
Released 4th August, Three Moments of an Explosion is a short story collection. There is a novel, This Census Taker, due early January 2016 as well.
2. The Long Utopia – Terry Pratchett & Stephen Baxter
Released in paperback 1st July, The Long Utopia continues The Long Earth series.
3. A God in Ruins – Kate Atkinson
I’m already cheating by book #3, as I hadn’t realised how few authors I consistently read. This book is out already, but it came out before I read Life After Life and I am looking forward to reading it.
You know what? I cannot find any more books that I am looking forward to being released. Sad, really. Instead, I will just list the books that I own (no more library for me for a while) that I am looking forward to reading soon.
- The Miniaturist – Jessie Burton
- The Bone Clocks – David Mitchell
- Consuelo and Alva Vanderbilt: The Story of a Daughter and a Mother in the Gilded Age – Amanda Mackenzie Stuart
- Magpies, Squirrels and Thieves: How the Victorians Collected the World – Jacqueline Yallop
- City of Sin: London and its Vices – Catharine Arnold
- The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet – David Mitchell
- Hyperion – Dan Simmons